A New York commercial real estate attorney, John Nastasi is the founding principal of Nastasi Law Group, P.C. Mr. Nastasi’s areas of practice include commercial real estate transactions, restructuring and workouts.
Mr. Nastasi represents owners, operators, developers, investors, borrowers and lenders in all manner of commercial real estate transactions, including sales, acquisitions, joint ventures, mortgage and mezzanine financing, preferred equity, ground leases, hotel management agreements and leasing.
Mr. Nastasi also has extensive experience in structuring, negotiating and executing all manner of real estate workout solutions, including foreclosures, deeds-in-lieu, discounted payoffs and short sales, loan modifications and restructuring, asset-level bankruptcies, partnership disputes, lender liability suits, and asset rehabilitation and disposition.
Prior to founding Nastasi Law Group, Mr. Nastasi served as in-house counsel for the real estate group of the Lehman Brothers estate, where he helped restructure the estate’s massive portfolio of real estate debt and equity investments.
Before Lehman Brothers, Mr. Nastasi was an associate in the real estate group at Fried Frank, where he worked on the $4 billion development of the Atlantic Yards project in Brooklyn by Forest City Ratner, the purchase of the MetLife building by Tishman Speyer for $1.72 billion –the world’s largest single-asset real estate acquisition at the time– and the purchase, financing and entitlement of 610 Lexington for RFR Realty, in addition to closing over 2.5 billion dollars in other commercial real estate transactions while at Fried Frank.
Mr. Nastasi is a graduate of Brown University and New York University School of Law.
- Represented New York City developer in connection with $40,000,000 construction loan for multi-family development in Long Island City.
- Represented lender in connection with modification of $65,000,000 construction loan for renovation of apartment building in the Financial District.
- Represented developer in connection with joint venture to build a mission for a foreign government and a luxury rental building above it near United Nations Plaza in Midtown Manhattan.
- Represented developer in connection with $10,000,000 purchase of multi-family building in Harlem.
- Represented owner-operator in connection with $83,000,000 purchase of limited service hotel in Midtown Manhattan.
- Represented developer in connection with purchase of development site in Jersey City.
- Represented developer in connection with land assemblage involving the purchase of one parcel of land and the ground lease of an adjacent parcel for development of a hotel in Williamsburg.
- Represented lender in connection with modification of $28,000,000 construction loan for retail property in Brooklyn.
- Represented borrower in connection with work-out of a defaulted loan secured by a multi-family building in Brooklyn that resulted in a successful discounted payoff and refinancing.
- Represented developer in connection with land assemblage in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Represented owner-operator in connection with purchase of two multi-family properties in Harlem for total of $9,300,000.