Nastasi Law Group, P.C. provides clients with legal advice and services from high-caliber commercial real estate attorneys with the training and experience of large law firm lawyers and the practical business savvy of in-house counsel. Our lawyers have handled some of the largest and most complex transactions in New York City real estate. Nastasi Law Group attorneys understand real-world risks and take a practical approach to reducing those risks, so you can go about your business. [Read more]
The firm was founded by John Nastasi upon the belief that the cost of legal services had begun to exceed clients’ willingness to pay and that an opportunity existed to provide high quality legal services at a lower cost to clients. By assembling a team of sophisticated commercial real estate attorneys with big law firm training and by focusing on reducing overhead and maximizing efficiency through technology and innovation, Nastasi Law Group provides expertise and sophistication to clients looking to reduce their legal costs. [Read more]
The firm’s singular focus is to build the best real estate practice possible. Nastasi Law Group counsels clients in high-stakes commercial real estate transactions, strategic distressed asset restructuring and complex work-out negotiations. Our areas of focus include:
- Sales and Acquisitions
- Real Estate Finance
- Joint Ventures
- Commercial Leases
- Distressed Assets
- Loan Modifications
- Special Servicer Negotiations
- Mortgage Foreclosures
- Mezzanine Loan Enforcement
- Partnership Disputes
- Loan Work-Outs
- Remedy Enforcement
- Represented New York City developer in connection with $40,000,000 construction loan for multi-family development in Long Island City.
- Represented lender in connection with modification of $65,000,000 construction loan for renovation of apartment building in the Financial District.
- Represented developer in connection with $40,000,000 acquisition and financing of a development site near the High Line in Manhattan.
- Represented owner-operator in connection with $83,000,000 purchase of limited service hotel in Midtown Manhattan.
- Represented investor in joint venture to acquire and operate a shopping center in Pennsylvania.
- Represented lender in connection with modification of a $45,000,000 construction loan for the redevelopment of a mixed use property in the East Village area of Manhattan.
- Represented developer in joint venture with landowner in connection with development project on the Gowanus Canal in Brooklyn.
- Represented developer in connection with $10,000,000 purchase of multi-family building in Harlem.
- Represented owner-operator in disposition of 12-building multi-family portfolio in Harlem as part of a 1031 exchange.
- Represented developer in connection with joint venture to build a mission for a foreign government and a luxury rental building above it near United Nations Plaza in Midtown Manhattan.
- Represented borrower in connection with $17,000,000 bridge loan for the rehabilitation of an 11-building multi-family portfolio in Queens.
- Represented developer in connection with land assemblage involving the purchase of one parcel of land and the ground lease of an adjacent parcel in Brooklyn.
- Represented developer in connection with acquisition, financing and development of a 100,000 square foot mixed use project in Williamsburg, including retail, condos and a 110-key hotel.
- Represented lender in connection with modification of $28,000,000 construction loan for retail property in Brooklyn.
- Represented developer in connection with purchase of development site in Jersey City.
- Represented borrower in connection with work-out of a defaulted loan secured by a multi-family building in Brooklyn that resulted in a successful discounted payoff and refinancing.
- Represented developer in connection with land assemblage in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Represented owner-operator in connection with purchase of two multi-family properties in Harlem for total of $9,300,000.